Thursday, February 14, 2008

What Next???


I don't know what to think of this....Google has a new thing called "Street Views" and it is crazy how much stuff is available at our fingertips. If you go to http://www.google.com/ and search your home phone number then your name and address will come up. Not only that but you can click on the "map" link to the right and a map will come up that shows where you live. Now this is the crazy part...When the map comes up a picture also shows up of your house!! This is not taken from a satellite someone actually drove down the streets capturing the houses through picture or video. I searched my in-laws house and you can see my mother-in-law walking out of her house. You can pretty much drive down the street on the computer. I thought GoogleEarth was cool and now this came along.


I don't know if this is a good or bad thing? Some people in my family have already removed their numbers from this service. If one of their kids gives out their phone number anyone could find out where they live! It if fun to play around with this...What do you think? Is this program a good think or is it a little creepy??

2 comments:

Erin said...

Its good ONLY because its kinda fun but other than that, not sure why it would be good. I think over all its bad and conflicts with my desire for privacy.

Susan Catmull said...

NIchole I need you to call or come over and show me how to change the backgrounds on my blog. It's bugging me that I can't do it.
Talk to you later.