Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth of July Weekend


I love any weekend that I get to spend with my family...especially when there is a holiday! We had such a fun Fourth of July weekend! On Friday morning we had my family over for breakfast. We let the kids do some fireworks, played croquet, and rocked out on Guitar Hero! It was lots of fun!


That night we went to Stadium of Fire with my Brother and his family. I LOVE Stadium of Fire because it is so patriotic. Glenn Beck was great and he brought tears to my eyes as he talked about this great place we live in and the freedoms we enjoy! It was really neat to have families of soldiers there too and a few women were lucky enough to get to talk to their husbands! The perfomers were the Blue Man Group and Miley Cyrus and they did a great job! My neices were especially excited for Miley! My favorite part was the fireworks...they were so awesome and just kept going and going! They were choreographed to music and I had chills as we watched! Ava even enjoyed them but they went for so long that she just couldn't keep her eyes open any longer and she fell ASLEEP during the fireworks!!!


The next day we did some of our own fireworks with friends and on Sunday we went up Little Cottonwood Canyon and had a cookout with our friends Andy and Brittany. It is so beautiful up there...we definitely need to get up there more often! We were lucky enough to see a moose...kind of creepy being so close but it was cool nonetheless. Oh and we saw a few deer...but they were like 5 miles away and we could only see them through Andy's scope...Christian and Andy were amused though!!


We had a really fun weekend and I'm sad it's over but we have some fun weekends planned this month and lots to look forward to!

13 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

Sounds like you had a very fun and busy weekend! Very cute pics! :)

Anderson Family said...

We missed you guys, but it looked like you had an OKAY time with out us!

Lindsay Kay said...

What a fun time! During the fireworks in Midway Eliza kept pointing and making various grunting noises! It was hilarious! I love Ava's hair - I can't believe she sits still for that.

The Steeds said...

Hey Nicole! I am glad that you found my blog. I am totally in love with your blog. Ava is so cute. Hope you don't mind-- I have added you to my blog list. --Jenny

The Hulls said...

Ava is so stinking cute!! I love the one of her up top laughing! I'm glad you guys had a fun 4th of July!

Adam and Brynn said...

So much fun!! I love Ava, at the top! lol she's sooo cute! :) I'm glad you guys had a good weekend!

Erin said...

Glad you had a good 4th of July. My older bro was at stadium of fire. I think that would have been fun! Well as usual you guys look cute and happy!!!

Brittany said...

Parker looks like he's missing some teeth with all that chocolate in his mouth! When are we goin' again?

Brittany said...

Will you send me the pics of Parker and Me and Cohen and Tasha? I wanna put them on my blog!!

rickandcami said...

Wow! Tons of fun stuff you did! That is so fun that the Blue Man Group performed at the Stadium of Fire! We love them, they're a crack-up! Way cute and fun pics!

Alicia said...

Your blog is so fun! Do you offer classes? You pictures are super cute!

Candice said...

Wow! Looks like fun! Summer is the best! Ava is adorable! I bet you're a great mom. And I love your blog, it's way cute!

Sarah Lee said...

wow... are you feeling ok? you ahven't blogged, for like, 2 weeks!!!!