Monday, December 10, 2007

Merry Christmas!!

Welcome to the 'Christmas Edition' of getting to know your friends. Okay, you know what you are supposed to do and try to not be a SCROOGE!! It's the season to be Cheerful!!!!! (I got this cute idea from my husbands cousin...thanks Aubrey!!)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Definately wrapping paper...it's not Christmas to me without ripping paper on Christmas morning!!

2. Tree-- Real or Artificial?
Artificial...but I LOVE the smell of real trees

3. When do you put the Christmas tree up?
Always the day after Thanksgiving...this year we did it the Saturday after because I was sick the day after :)

4. When do you take the tree down?
After New Years but this year it will be right after Christmas because we are moving...yeah!!

5. Like eggnog?
I used to love it but I am not much of a fan anymore because I think too much about what I'm swallowing...yuck :(

6. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes we have one that my mom gave me on my first Christmas in our own place!

7. Hardest person to buy for?
My MOM because she already has EVERYTHING!!

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Ava...I think I could buy just about anything and everything for her ;)

9. Worst Christmas gift?
I really can't think of one...I remember when I was little my Grandma gave me a cute book and my cousin a VHS and I wanted to trade her! I still have the book but the VHS would have gone to the DI by now so I am lucky my mom wouldn't let me trade.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Definately Mail...I didn't know people did Email cards?!

11. Favorite Christmas movie?
The Nativity(if you haven't seen this you should), Elf

12. Favorite Christmas song?
The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole. My Favorite spiritual song is Silent Night by Josh Groban

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
The day after Thanksgiving. I love getting up early and shopping with my mom! This year we stayed up and went shopping at midnight which was a mistake...Mall sales STINK!! We stayed out until 8am and got some great deals but I came home and was really sick that day! Oops :)

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I don't think so...

15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas?
When I think of Christmastime and food I definately think of prime rib...My mom makes it in December and my mother-in-law on Christmas Eve. I also love Christmas Caramels. Mmmmm

16. Clear or colored tree lights?
I love clear lights for sure.

17. Travel during Christmas or stay home? I stay home where my family is.

18. Can you name Santa's reindeer? yep...dasher, dancer, prancer, vixen, comet, cupid, donner, blitzen, rudolph

19. Angel or Star on tree top?
Nothing this year but normally a big ribbon bow!

20. Open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
1 on Christmas Eve the rest Christmas morning...

21. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
When people are afraid of offending someone and so they say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" Drives me crazy!!

22. Best Christmas present?
I cried when I got a small TV when I was 8 years old. I also cried when I got birds the next year...They must have been good if I cried, right?

23. Favorite Christmas tradition?
When we read the Christmas story and the little ones reenact it...We also watch Jacob's Gift every year. I just love being with family.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!! I want to know your answers to these questions so post this on your blog too :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is cute. I like thinking back to family traditions. And it's so fun to hear other people's traditions! You are moving!? Where to?