Monday, January 28, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley


"Of all the things for which I feel grateful … , one stands out preeminently. That is a living testimony of Jesus Christ." -President Gordon B. Hinckley"


When I heard of President Hinckley's passing last night a lot of things went through my mind. What a bittersweet feeling to see him go. I was talking with Christian's family last night and we all feel that this is the end of an era. I am sad that he is gone because of all of the great things he did in this life. I look back at all of the things that came to pass because of him and I am filled with so much gratitude. I am so very happy that he is with his sweet wife again. It is so wonderful to know that he is with her and our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again.


President Hinckley accomplished a lot in his lifetime and especially during his time as presiden of the church.


The Family: A Proclomation to the World
President Hinckley announced "small temples" and built many around the world. He gave members all over world the eternal blessings of temples.
A few years ago President Hinckley's testimony was in the May 2000 Ensign. As I read this my own testimony of the gospel is strengthened and renewed. I love President Hinckley and am sad to see him gone but I am so eternally thankful for him and his Christ-like example.

3 comments:

Meg said...

I couldn't have said it any better myself. I am sad that he is not here with us now because he gave such good advice but it is so great that he is finally back with his sweet wife that he missed so much. Its weird though because he was around so long you can't imagine when he's not.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you completely. I was so so sad to see him go, but know he is now with his wife and other family members. And what an extraordinary life to have lived! He was so amazing, and so, like you said, it was very bittersweet.

Anonymous said...

Nicole ...what a beautiful tribute to a beloved prophet! I loved your pictures and thoughts.
(I sneaked on your blog from Staci's)
So fun to see your cute family pics too! Say hi to your mom for me!
Love
Becky Butterfield (Staci's mom)